Makeup School: Day 8 - Glamour Eyes

Glamour eye page of my visual diary
The most common look requested for photoshoots, whether dramatic or toned down. This is similar to the socket eye but involves more colours and would be suited to a greater range of eye shapes (like mine!).

A basic glamour eye can involve only two colours: a medium tone on the lids and a darker tone around the outer corners. Lighter colours can then be added on inner corners and to highlight the browbone.

Steps for a basic glamour eye:

In-class glamour eyes on Shelley
(Retouch free!)
  1. Prime the lids to keep colours intense and prevent creasing
  2. Apply a medium tone to the entire mobile lid, going no further than the hollows of the socket
  3. Brush a darker shadow in a 'C' shape around the outer corners. Blend the colour up and out and around the socket hollows. Do not drag the colour out more than half way over the eye.
  4. Blend the darker shadow up and out and merge the two colours in a soft gradient
  5. Line the bottom eyeliner about two-thirds of the way in and blend to soften the line.
  6. More colours can be used to highlight browbone and inner corners
  7. Because style is so dramatic, a thin line of eyeliner is all that's required to define the eyes. Optional flick if desired
  8. Apply full bar lashes to complete the look

I worked with Shelley to do makeup on each other. She did a very soft look on me and I absolutely loved how she did my eyebrows (pity I forgot to take photos). I've also realised I usually do this look without knowing what it's called (or doing it properly). But at least I know now!

xxEva

Tweet it! Facebook Digg Del.icio.us StumbleUpon Reddit RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...