Kit Building: Part 1

I decided it's probably best I finally splash out on a starter kit. My current makeup kit is dismal and I'm missing quite a few colours (like mattes, brights, and makeup for other skin tones).

After running around during my last class yelling across the room for someone to offer up a colour I'm after (Academy of Makeup provides cosmetics for in-class work), I decided it's best to just get my own. With work experience looming, this will probably be worth it. Plus I'd hate to be offered something and then rush out last minute to buy a kit.

In the words of Sami from class:
"You can never have too much makeup"


I will now concede. Despite just buying this kit, I'm still eyeing up Sugarpill eyeshadows and Lime Crime lippies (yes, I do know about that drama). What can I say? I'm a girl who likes her colours!

I bought the Pro Makeup Kit ($949) from Hub Makeup after spending 2 hours in store chatting with the friendly store girl, Sophie, while doing my face charts. The kit is comprised of Hub's most hot-selling products and colours so it may not always look the same as my picture. Because the Ben Nye palette was chipped from rough freight, they gave a $5 discount on the entire kit. They're also missing the 2 sold out Ben Nye foundation sticks but will replace them after the next shipment.

Essential Shades Palette


Gorgeous Cosmetics Blush/Highlight Palette
Here's what I got in my kit:

  • 6 Base Perfect Liquid Foundation in 1N, 3N, 1B, 2B, 2D, 4Y
  • 3 Powder Perfect powder foundation in #02, #08, #11
  • 1 First Base Foundation Primer
  • 1 Concealer in Medium Neutral
  • 1 Endless Summer Bronzer in #02
  • 1 Ben Nye Total Conceal-All Wheel NK-11
  • 1 Ben Nye Neutral Set Colorless Face Powder (translucent powder)
  • 1 Ben Nye Matte Foundation Palette
  • 1 Ben Nye Lumière Grande Colour Palette
  • 1 Essential Shades Palette with Monkey, Gold Digger, Fab, DMC Black, Smudge, True Taupe, Fudge, Jet
  • 1 Blush/Highlight Palette with Potato Cake, Nude, Peach Glow, Rhubarb, Natural, Toffee Shine, Sesame, Apples

  • 3 Loose Dusts in Coco, Ms Vegas, Sand Shimmer
  • 3 Madame Lash Eyelashes in Mini, Twiggies, Dual Flair (individuals)
  • 2 Eye Pencils in Black Jack, Highlite
  • 1 Cake Eyeliner Sealer
  • 1 Black Cake Eyeliner
  • 1 black mascara

  • 4 Lip Liners in Christine, Strawberry, Manhattan, Siren
  • 4 Lipsticks in Sophia, Strawberry Whip, Bridgette, Garnet
  • 3 Lip glosses in Fairy Shine, Gorgeous Rose, Pout
  • 3 Lip Lacquers in Sweetie, Lily, H2O

I am pretty happy with their selection of products and colours. One comment for improvement tho: Base Perfect Foundation shades are pretty limited and certainly doesn't cater for light skin tones. I would have liked to see more Yellow-toned (1Y or 2Y) in the selection as their Neutrals (#Ns) gives a very greyish/ashen tone. I have also never used past a 3 Y/B/N unless for contoring. I suppose that's probably why they chucked in a Ben Nye foundation palette

In any case, I now have no room in my existing makeup box to store my new haul. What had been more than substantial to contain all my previous makeup is now overflowing. Yes, that really was how limited my original makeup was. I even chucked in my nail polishes to beef it up. Now comes the dilemma of buying a proper makeup storage unit. I'm tossing up between a Zuca Artist Pro and a stackable train case. Full debate to rage.

xxEva

Tweet it! Facebook Digg Del.icio.us StumbleUpon Reddit RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...