Tools of the Trade: Part 3

Less than a week to go until my makeup course starts. So, so excited! My brushes have arrived and I'm loving their quality. Dying to trying them out but thought I'd be good and wait. My current brushes are sufficient for everyday use and I prefer to apply most of my makeup with fingers anyway.

As mentioned previously, I opted to source my own brushes instead of the ones recommended by the Academy of Makeup (AOM). There is no list of what makeup brushes are included in their set (for good reason) but you can probably find out from the individual brushes they have for sale at Gorgeous Cosmetics and compare that to the picture of their brush set.

For those who are interested, I'll list the 25 brushes in my set. It's a bit more than the recommended 23, but I'm sure I'll find a use for them all!

  • Large powder brush - Squirreline
  • Full-bodied blush brush - Squirreline
  • Med-bodied blush brush - Squirreline
  • Duo fiber bronzer/stipple brush - Squirreline, goat & white Taklon
  • Large angle blush brush - Squirreline
  • Small angle blush brush - Squirreline
  • Large foundation brush - Multi-blend Taklon
  • Concealer brush - Multi-blend Taklon
  • Concealer lip brush - Multi-blend Taklon
  • Crease/bullet brush - European red sable
  • Short eyeshadow brush - European red sable
  • Small eyeshadow brush - European red sable
  • Medium eyeshadow brush - European red sable
  • Large eyeshadow brush - European red sable
  • XLarge eyeshadow brush - European red sable
  • Eyeliner brush - Golden Taklon blend
  • Angle eyeliner brush - Multi-blend Taklon
  • Lip brush - European sable
  • Detail lip brush - Golden Taklon
  • Pointed liner brush - Golden Taklon
  • Eyeiner brush - European red sable
  • Fan brush - Raccoon
  • Mascara brush - Nylon fibre
  • Eyebrow comb/brush - Badger
  • Sponge brush (with 3 spare sponge heads)

All the brushes are high quality and super soft. I love how they're so elegant-looking with gold titanium metal handle and ferrules. Plus there's less chance of getting my brushes mixed up with another student's if mine is more distinctive.

Be individual,
xxEva

Tweet it! Facebook Digg Del.icio.us StumbleUpon Reddit RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...