10 Ways Tell You're a Makeup Artist

Touching up Elle's makeup behind the scenes of my first
photoshoot with Florimage and Trev
Just for fun, here's a list I've compiled for laughs about stuff I've caught myself doing as a makeup artist. Nod if you agree to any!

  1. You automatically assess everyone you meet on their face shape, skin tone, skin condition, eye shape, brow grooming, and lip shape.
  2. You critically assess the makeup of every girl you meet and mentally note where they could have made improvments or get inspiration for looks to try out yourself.
  3. You have a whole train case full of makeup, a bathroom of cosmetics, and stacks of product in your bedroom, but still can't resist buying the latest season of M.A.C colours.
  4. You have makeup-related dreams.
  5. Yes, there IS a difference between sunshine yellow and buttercup yellow.
  6. It is impossible for you to pass by a beauty counter or display without stopping and test-swatching a few items.
  7. You are never completely happy with your makeup work and can always find something to adjust/wishing you could adjust.
  8. You would get up to wash your brushes even after going to bed because you suddenly remembered they're not fully cleaned.
  9. You refuse to let anyone touch your brushes unless it's allowing another makeup artist a few seconds to admire them.
  10. Losing a favourite brush almost makes you go into mourning.

xxEva

Tweet it! Facebook Digg Del.icio.us StumbleUpon Reddit RSS

2 comments:

Recanto Retro said...

Very well pointed out :), particularly the brushes bit. My brushes are my own, my precioussss :)

Cheers.

Evalrie Lin said...

Haha, I so agree. I've lost 3 so far on locations and seeing the empty slots on my brush roll gets me slightly sad every time. :(

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...