Makeup School: Day 22 - Fantasy Makeup (aka. Face Painting)


Definitely not your average children's face painting class. We've had to up the ante and complete a full face of makeup in a design of our choosing. While I don't mind sugar skulls, I find their combination of horror and cuteness a bit mismatched for my liking. Instead, mixing up my love for anime and makeup, I decided to recreate Ichigo's half mask from Bleach. :)

And let's just say, face painting truely isn't as easy as it looks. There is nowhere to lean on that wouldn't smudge the makeup, and it is very difficult to make thin, sharp, clean lines. In between movement, blinking and product not dispensing evenly, I managed to finish Shelley's makeup within the hour.

While greasepaint may be theatrically effective, it is a pain in the butt to work with and smudged easily (especially on eyelids).  The product never really dries, and I ended up with it all over my hands and brushes by the end of class.

Speaking of brushes, I seemed to have lost my small, thin concealer brush. *Sniffles* It may have either been lost in class or on location at a photoshoot afterwards. Model pulled out and I ended up being a stand-in at an abandoned warehouse location instead of recreating a flower eye at Florimage studios. I'm hoping pretty hard that it may have dropped somewhere close, but don't recall cleaning it last night with my other bunch of brushes. May have to just buy it again... :(


xxEva

Tweet it! Facebook Digg Del.icio.us StumbleUpon Reddit RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...