Rant: Short Notice Cancellations

Toombul Shire Town Hall. The place we had
planned to do the Burlesque shoot
Barely stepping into the industry and I'm already making my first rant. Lack of common courtesy and issues of unprofessionalism really grates on me.

Got stood up by 2 models for a burlesque shoot, who couldn't even be bothered to contact the photographer, hair stylist and I about their inability to show in advance. I was particularly upset with this one as we had booked a hall, waited for 2 hours hoping they'll show (one finally replied to our posts saying she was held up), and then being out of pocket for the hall booking fee because they refused to pay the full cost, saying we had originally agreed to split it. Yes, but that was on the premise that you'd turn up for the shoot. Anyway, it's not about the money, but their total lack of integrity for such rudeness. I may have forgiven them if they tried to make amends for such behaviour or even offered up sincere apologies. As it is, I have no intention of ever working with those 2 particular models ever again.

Testing Flower Eye concept on myself
day before the planned Florimage shoot
If that wasn't enough, another short notice cancellation from a model happened barely a week afterwards. This model had originally dropped out on us because she misread the date of shoot and contact the photographer (Florimage) about not being able to make it...on the day of the shoot. Ok, fine, easy human error to make. So we rescheduled. Florimage left periodic messages on her Model Mayhem and Facebook regarding details of shoot, with no reply. On the day of the shoot, Florimage contacted her again to confirm time and location, only to have her message back 4 hours before the shoot to claim she has no money and cannot get to shoot location. When asked why it took her this long to notify us, she said she had hoped to have found transport prior to date. And you didn't bother to contact us regarding your difficulty because...? I mean, if she gave enough notice, either the photographer or I would have arranged something to help her out. Florimage was a bit more forgiving and brushed it off with the excuse she's only 18. Only? If she's legal, she should be aware of basic manners. Good luck staying in the industry with that sort of behaviour!

Abandoned warehouse Florimage found to test some
photoshoot concepts. I was the stand-in model
Bah, if I had the looks and poise, I would just be the model and MUA myself. Or if I can somehow convince one of my sisters... Florimage and I decided to scout out another place for an experimental shoot instead, which worked well enough for us to mark it as a good location to revisit.

xxEva

Tweet it! Facebook Digg Del.icio.us StumbleUpon Reddit RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...