Makeup School: Assessments

Taeyang & Troublemaker-inspired
photoshoot with Idle Images (I'm being
used as a stand-in model/prop again...)
Even makeup school has to have benchmarks on the good, the bad and the horrible. So if you think it's all just a breezy class of painting faces and idle girly gossip, then you're very very wrong. This fortnight is the start of our equivalent of the block exams. Dun dun dun!

Of course, it's still a whole lot easier than what I experienced in Uni or high school, with merely a competent/incompetent grade. So unless I forget to hand in my brief or try to do things that are obviously wrong (like applying foundation under primer) or unhygienic (using products straight from the tube), I should pass. Still makes me nervous to think I'm being assessed on anything, though!

We will be getting an hour for our practical assessment but will need to prepare our makeup briefs and face charts prior for:
  • Mature Age
  • Oriental
  • Bridal
  • Colour Fashion Photography
  • Fashion catwalk

Assessments? Pff, nothing beats real life
practice. Taeyang-inspired photoshoot
to put my male makeup skills to the test!
The makeup briefs will contain design and concept explainations, detailed makeup application, products list with prices, face chart design, and possible contingencies. Visual diary pages will also need to be done up for each look. It might not sound a lot, but sure adds up to a pretty intensive 2 weeks.

Models will have to also be arranged by ourselves unless we buddy up with another student to be each other's models. Personally, since I don't have to turn up on days I don't have assessments, I'd rather find my own model and spend the days off finishing my briefs.

Wish me luck!

xxEva

Tweet it! Facebook Digg Del.icio.us StumbleUpon Reddit RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...