Nail Art: Black Striped on White

Small break from makeup. I had a spare hour and decided to finally break out my recent new nail polishes. Because I don't generally wear a lot of nail polish, I opted for minis to try out colours, and to be able to (attempt) finish using them before they dry up.

Now I'm pretty new to nail art as I never have the patience to really sit there and labour over the design. But I quite like to do my nails while I chat with friends over webcam at night. :)

Thought I might as well snap a few pics and turn it into a quick tutorial while I'm at it. Products I've used:
  • China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat
  • OPI Mummy Knows Best mini polish (Spookettes collection)
  • OPI RapiDry Top Coat
  • Black nail art strip tape
  • 2mm nail art rhinestones
  • Nail polish corrector pen
  • Nail scissors
It's a pretty simple nail art so I hope the pictures are sufficient. I had on about 3 coats of Mummy Knows Best as I found the formula really streaky and goopy. Bit of a fiddle to get it right as I was being such a perfectionist. It might just be my bottle, though.

And I'm not sure if it's because of the tiny brush, but I had to load it with a lot more polish to even out the streaks, although the RapiDry top coat did a good job of smoothing over any patchy work.

The black striping tape was easy enough to adhere to the nails. However, I had to get it exactly aligned or it will rip off the top layer of the polish if I try to remove it. The tape also started peeling back a bit after a day. But then again I'm quite abusive of my nails.

My sis actually liked the design and said it looked 'posh'. :) Whatcha think?

xxEva

Tweet it! Facebook Digg Del.icio.us StumbleUpon Reddit RSS

2 comments:

AkiHimemiya said...

I think they are really posh as your Sister said :) really beautiful nail art!

AkiHimemiya said...

I think they are really posh as your Sister said :) really beautiful nail art!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...