Review: Tony Moly Nail Polish Collection

I caved and bought the trio of Tony Moly nail polishes from Cosmetic Love that included:
  • Milky Way (GS08) - Purple
  • Shooting Star ( GS09) - Blue
  • Pinky Star (GS10) - Pink

Plus they also sent me a ton of sample packs that I'm dying to try out as well. ^^

The polishes reminds me of speckled eggs and fairy bread with 100s & 1000s. I had high hopes that they will turn out just like the bottle.

I found that the formula was slightly thin and the glitter a bit sparse. Especially on Shooting Star.

By itself, the colour did not show up well enough and I wore OPI Steady As She Rose underneath to boost the opacity for Milky Way. I didn't have any baby blues, so I used OPI Mermaid Tears under Shooting Star on my ring finger as an accent nail.

The formula of the Tony Moly polishes was so sheer the difference in colour didn't seem to matter. However, I did have to put 3-4 coats over the top before there was enough glitter on the nail.

Products used:
  • China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat
  • OPI Steady As She Rose (Pirates of the Caribbean collection)
  • OPI Mermaid Tears (Pirates collection)
  • Tony Moly Milky Way
  • Tony Moly Shooting Star (accent nail)
  • OPI RapiDry Top Coat
  • China Glaze Matte Magic Flat Finish Top Coat
  • Nail polish corrector pen

The matte top coat was an impulse decision as I had yet to try it out. It created a very flat effect, which looked nice and definitely resembled speckled eggs! But I think I'd prefer a shiny finish to really bring out the glitters.

xxEva

*** Unless otherwise stated, all products are bought with my own funds and I am not affiliated with any mentioned brands or sellers. Reviews are 100% of my own opinion and experiences. ***

Tweet it! Facebook Digg Del.icio.us StumbleUpon Reddit RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...