Review: Shiseido Collector's Edition Makeup Palette

It's no secret I've been looking for an all-in-one makeup palette lately, so I bought the Collector's Edition Makeup Palette with the intention of popping it in my work bag for touch ups.

Yes, I know the palette is a little old as it's from Shiseido's 2010 holiday release, but I really don't mind last season's makeup. Once it's applied, who can tell, right?

Anyway, the palette comes in a sleek, black, piano-finish case with an affinity for fingerprints. The press-clasp easily opens to reveal a mirror under the lid and a simple arrangement of (from left to right, top to bottom):

  • Double-ended liner & lip brush
  • Lip & Cheek Tint x1
  • Eye Colour (aka. Eyeshadows) x2
  • Eye Colour Base (aka. Primer) x1
  • Cream (Gel) Eyeliner x1
  • Blush x2
  • Blusher brush
  • Double-ended eyeshadow sponge


The colours were quite pigmented and super blendable on top of the primer. I had doubts about the wearability of the eyeshadows but brown on the eyelids blended into grey on corners worked pretty well for a work look. The lip tint was a surprisingly nice colour with a hint of gold. Blushes were slightly bright but can be easily blended out.

But I have gripes with the mini brushes. That tiny, dual-ended lip and eyeliner brush was difficult to grasp and control properly. Because of their small size, it also took a lot of swipes before I could build up enough colour on the brush to apply on my face.

I also didn't like the cream eyeliner. The product tended to leave clumps when I applied it with the brush, and faded easily with excessive blinking. Looks like if I was to wear the liner, I'll probably have to reapply every hour or so....


xxEva

*** Unless otherwise stated, all products are bought with my own funds and I am not affiliated with any mentioned brands or sellers. Reviews are 100% of my own opinion and experiences. ***

Tweet it! Facebook Digg Del.icio.us StumbleUpon Reddit RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...