Review: Bobbi Brown Party Collection Deluxe Travel Brush Set

If there's one thing a makeup artist can't have enough of other than makeup, it's makeup brushes. Seems like no matter how many brushes I have, the work will always expand to use up all the brushes I have.

So I've been looking for a decent, personal travel brush kit that includes all the essential brushes and I think I've finally found it in Bobbi Brown's Party Collection Deluxe Travel Set (what a mouthful, right?).

Not only does it come in a compact silver clutch that's super shiny and super thin, it contains 7 basic brushes to create almost any look!
The brushes came packaged in plastic with an individual plastic wrap for each and a cylindrical cover over the bristles. The small covers are almost impossible to put back over the bristles once they're removed. I suggest to chuck them anyway as it will prevent the bristles from 'breathing' once the brushes are used.


The set comes with 7 individual brushes, but 2 are dual-ended. At $250AUD the set, more bang for your buck is always appreciated. (Although a price drop would be even more appreciated...)

Below is a close-up of the brushes, which are stamped with 'Bobbi Brown' on one side of the handle and the type of bush on the other, in silver foil. There is also a raised, 4 digit serial code at the top of the handle. 

Face blender (aka blush/powder) and foundation brushes.

Eye sweep (aka large eyeshadow brush), eye shadow and eye definer (aka eye liner or brow brush. The bristles are a bit thick and stiffer than I would have liked)

The two dual-ended brushes look amazing, but for someone who likes to keep her brush case clean, I can see a problem with stuffing a used dual-ended brush in the case with no cover over the bristles.

Close up of the dual-ended brushes below:

Cream bending (aka concealer brush) and dual-ended eyeliner (I'd personally not use this for eye lining as the bristles aren't aligned and flat-tipped. Maybe double as a small concealer or lip brush?)

Blender and dual-ended ultra fine eyeliner (aka lip liner)

While the brush set isn't perfect, I can happily multi-task them to work with the entire face. As I mentioned before, my only gripe is the lack of a cover for the dual ended brushes, which may mess up the gorgeous case if they are stored with makeup on them.

*** Unless otherwise stated, all products are bought with my own funds and I am not affiliated with any mentioned brands or sellers. Reviews are 100% of my own opinion and experiences. ***

xxEva

Tweet it! Facebook Digg Del.icio.us StumbleUpon Reddit RSS

1 comments:

Marlara said...

Is stamped China in small letters at silver part? I've just bought my own and I have many doubts for that reason, although the online seller told me that it was authentic!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...