Review: Revlon Top Speed Nail Polishes

About 2 months ago, Myer hosted a free express manicure outside the store for a Revlon promotion. Jia and I just happened to be shopping in the city, so we lined up to get our digits pampered. :D

Now I've not tried Revlon polishes before, but have heard good things about their Top Speed range.

The manicurist told me that, apparently, you have to use the Revlon Top Speed Top Coat with the Top Speed polishes or they won't dry. Have yet to test that theory, so not sure if that's just a sales gimmick. Anyone tried?

Much to the manicurist's delight, I chose to wear 'Grape'. She said the 5 girls before me had all wanted to wear the same, boring, red. Glad I could spice up her day.

Jia's choice was 'Jelly' - a gorgeous coral-red, which happens to be the brightest shade she's ever worn so far, but she loved it.

The colours came out exactly as per the bottles and we had 2 coats applied.

I can never tell when nail polishes are completely dry, so we spent a good 30 minutes being totally precious with our digits.

The solid colour look got boring after 2 days so I made an accent nail on the ring finger with my new, flakey Australis Crystal Colour Top Coat. The polishes kept up their 'wet' look for a few days, and mine lasted a full week before starting to really chip. Jia's lasted longer as she doesn't abuse her hands as much. :)

xxEva

Tweet it! Facebook Digg Del.icio.us StumbleUpon Reddit RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...